[ Home ] [ Delta Sigma Theta - Omicron Pi Chapter ]
[ History ] [ National Programs ]
[ Omicron Pi History ] [
Upcoming Events] [ Photos ]
[ Famous Sorors ] [ Poems ]
[ Other Chapters ]
The major programs of the Sorority are based upon the organization's Five Point Thrust:
Physical and Mental Health|
Political Awareness and Involvement|
International Awareness and Involvment|
Primary national programs include:
- *Delta Habitat for Humanity : a
ministry that seeks to eliminate poverty housing from the
world and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Together we build
houses, lives, and communities.
- *Project Cherish: a national preservation and beautification program of African -
American landmarks, monuments, and historical sites.
- *Project SMART: a medication and health records management program for senior citizens
that live independently.
- *Delta Days at the Nation's Capital: an annual two day activity designed to foster
expanded involvment of chapters and members in public and social policy issues.
- *The Delta Immunization Campaign: a health awareness project for mothers of young
children that provides information to families about the importance of having children
- *Summit III: Preparing Our Sons for Manhood: a variety of programs whichfocus on the
education, housing, employment, and personal development of bopys ages 10 - 16 years old.
- *School America: a national family reading program designed to help children acquire
reading skills as a means of ensuring a secure economic future.
- *Jabberwok: an annual event that combines cultural expression talent (musical, dance,
and drama) for the purpose of raising money for scholarships.